Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Egyptian Mysteries

I've recently finished reading 2 books by author Nick Drake. First, let me say I don't usually read mystery novels; second I will say I'll be looking for more of his books. The 1st book Nefertiti: The Book of the Dead introduces the reader to a cast of characters that will overlap into the 2nd book. The main character other than the Egyptian royal family is a Medjay (ancient Egyptian police force) detective named Rahotep. The book centers on the disappearance of Queen Nefertiti and all of the drama and intrique that happens within a royal palace. Once Rahotep is placed on the case he must solve it or his family will be wiped from the face of the earth. There are a couple of sub plots that really enhance the main story.
In the 2nd book Tutankhamun: The Book of Shadows we again see Rahotep as the main character back in service to the royal family. Again, very good plot line with enough twists and turns to keep the reader guessing.
If you enjoy mysteries or historical fiction I would highly recomend these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment