Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Late, Late at Night by Rick Springfield

It's not for the faint of heart, this memoir by 80's rock star Rick Springfield. He is quite clear about his involvement in s-x, drugs and rock 'n roll.  But it's also a fascinating read about someone I always thought had it "so easy." I saw the rumors about altercations with his wife back in the 90's and figured it was tabloid gossip. Turns out there was some bad behavior behind it.  There's also a lot of redemption and forgiveness and ongoing struggle for self-awareness and understanding.  If you loved "Jessie's Girl" then you should try this book.  It makes me want to pull out all my old RS music and give it another spin.  And I definitely appreciate Karma, the last RS album I bought, all the more.

Look up Late, Late at Night in our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment