Are you the parent of a reluctant reader? Wondering what you can do to reignite the spark you saw when your child was a storytime fan? Here's an article from readbrightly.com which spells it out in 7 easy to use steps.
Want the abbreviated version?
- It's ok if they don't finish a book
- Don't try to force them to read what you read at their age
- It might take a while to get them to read slower-paced books
- It's ok to read at the table from time to time
- Picture books can still be appropriate choices
- Read aloud - just 15 minutes a day can make a big difference in both your lives
- Ask for recommendations - your librarian can help you locate books that might spark an interest