Spring is always a busy season for libraries. This year is no exception. Keene Memorial Library has many events scheduled for April and May.
1. April is Poetry Month so we have several events planned for Poetry readings. We will have Twyla Hanson and Tom Adamson performing as well as a family event scheduled so children will have an activity while parents attend a poetry event. Check our online calendar for dates.
2. Continuing with inventory cleanup. Staff is hard at work reading reports and cleaning up the collection so people can find things.
3. The Bridges Exhibit opening reception will be April 7th from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Gallery 92. You can find information on the exhibit here: http://hildegardcenter.org/3864-2/bridges-photography-call-results/
4. In May KML will have our first ever Friends of the Library Annual Appreciation Dinner. We will be having our dinner to give our thanks to the committee members of the Friends of Keene Memorial Library.
5. We are moving forward with our ADA compliant bathroom remodel project. We have been delayed but are still pushing forward in hopes of having this done in July/August of this year.
6. Currently in the 2nd week of Prime Time Family Reading Program on Thursday nights. It again has been a successful program. This program is run by Jessica Hill, Library Assistant III at KML.
These are just a few of the major activities we have coming up. Keep watching our Facebook page or the blog for more information.
Tina Walker, Library Director